While you may not take much notice of your curtains every day, your neighbors, as well as guests, sure do! Your curtains need some love and care from time to time. They are able to completely change the look and feel of your entire house. And it is time to give them the attention that they need!
But, before you start with the curtain repairs, there are a few things that you should consider:
- Consider asking the pros: while repairing and maintaining something as simple as curtains may not seem like a big deal to you, once you start with, you will realize how humongous the task actually is. You do not want to be stuck halfway when you are cleaning or doing the curtain repairs. This is why it is important that you leave the task to professional that can handle such tasks and are properly trained to be able to fix your curtains and give them back to you as good as new.
- Take time to learn how to clean them: It is important to read the care instructions that are printed on the tag so that you know how to keep your curtain looking as good as new. They need cleaning from time to time so that you are able to remove all the dirt that sticks to it on a daily basis. Using harsh chemicals like bleach can actually harm the materials! You may consider hiring a special service that will be able to skillfully do the job for you!
- Assess the damage: Before you start taking out all of your curtain repairs tools, you need to assess the damage which has been done to your curtains. If it is something dire, then you might need to hire a professional service that will help you make your curtain look as if it were brand new. However, since this is not always possible, or even required for smaller repairs, you can still try to handle it on your own. But, to know which way to go, you need to be able to understand how bad the situation truly is!
- Understand the of the materials: It is important to know the material that your curtain is made out of so that you can accurately determine how you can go about fixing the curtain repairs.
- Choosing the correct method: While glue and stitching are the easier and a preferred method, it can still leave signs of repair and damage visible on your curtain. Many professional services make the use of heat gun that can make any signs of damage disappear completely.
- Prepare the patch: The patch which will be used to cover the damage should be big enough to be able to cover the rip or hole efficiently. Cutting it into a square shape might make its appearance more obvious, but round shape0s are much harder to notice!
- Checking everything: Before the curtain repairs start, it is important to make sure that you have everything in order and organized.
- Check the heat: If you plan to do the repairs at home, make sure that your glue or heat gun is hot enough to be able to form a bond between the patch and the curtain.
- Start patching: Place the patch over the desired area, and start with the patching. You can use a glue or heat gun, whichever method is more suitable for you.
- Is it time for a change: Though most curtains are quite durable, many cannot stand the test of time. If you find that your curtain is damaged, consider whether or not it is time for a change.