People often move from one city or state to the other for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the reason, one thing that remains common is the process of moving the household items. It certainly takes a lot of effort to move these items from one place to the other, particularly if there are too many items in numbers. Big furniture’s and fragile items just add to the transportation and packing woes.
In this regard, the importance of excellent quality packing boxes should not be underrated. These boxes come in varied sizes, and you can purchase them as per your requirements. The quality of material with which the boxes are made also varies, and therefore you need to make sure the box you use to pack your items will ensure the safety of items during the process of transportation.
Selecting the right kind of box is essential in ensuring the safety of the items. Some boxes are manufactured particularly for containing glass made items, such as bowls, plates, wine glasses, etc. Whereas, some are made to carry heavy items, such as flower vases.
If you surf the web, you will come across several suppliers of these boxes in your locality. But, before you ask for a quote or place an order, it is vital to be very sure about your needs. To make things easier for you, let us look at the several types of boxes available for packing purpose.
Types of Packing Boxes You Can Opt For
- Corrugated Carton– This type of packing box is suitable mainly for holding kitchen items. These boxes feature double-wall construction, which makes quite apt for holding crockery items like crystal, glassware, dishes, etc. The corrugated design absorbs impact shocks during transportation thus keeping the contents intact. If you want to store cups made up of glass or china then you can go with the carton that comes with cellular dividers. These sections inside the box will add an extra layer of protection to the fragile items.
- Medium Packing Box– Books, DVD players, vases, etc. are quite heavy, and therefore they need to be packed inside a box that can bear a good amount of weight. In this regard, you can go with boxes that offer storage capacity of around 1.75 cubic feet. These boxes feature a thicker base.
- Large Packing Box– When it comes to packing generous sized items like pans, pots, toys, jars, cans, etc. then you need to go with the large packing boxes. These boxes can easily offer storage capacity of around 3.5 cubic feet, which is enough to store small appliances. However, keep in mind that they provide excellent protection to the items inside. Therefore, never store fragile items inside them.
- Extra Large Packing Box– These boxes can accommodate a lot of items, such as lampshades, towels, linens, etc. Offering storage capacity of around 5 cubic feet, these boxes are meant for storing bulky items, which are not damaged easily.
- Wardrobe Packing Box– It is obvious that you cannot pack all your clothes into your travel airbags. It is important to carry the clothes in a separate box, so that they don’t get crumpled. For this purpose, a special type of box is manufactured that comes loaded with a metal hanger, which can be used to accommodate your clothes. This feature certainly makes packing much easier.
When choosing a supplier of packing boxes, you need to make sure the quality offered by them is good enough. A comparison of price and quality of material from different suppliers can help you make a better choice.