Whether you are renovating your residential or commercial bathroom, there are some important things that you should not fail to consider. Most people easily overlook the importance of waterproof bathroom, which in the course of time gives rise to lots of issues. One of the major issues is water overflow which causes damage to the bathroom. Hence, you should renovate your bathroom within the set standards, and make it a point to waterproof it. After all, it is that area of the home where water drips the most and easily result in structural incidents. Hence, it is always recommended for waterproofing of your home and office bathroom.
Doing it correctly
As the bathroom is one of the major areas in your home and office, you should not only overlook the significance of making a waterproof bathroom, but also make it a point to do it correctly. Otherwise, you might have to face severe consequences from it, in the time to come.
- Doing it correctly will ensure that your bathroom is free from any kinds of leaks and floods.
- Water accumulated in different parts of the bathroom not only results in floods but also damages the tiles, floors and internal structure of the bathroom.
- In the course of time, it can ruin the entire home or office.
- As a whole, it can bring severe disasters, which you want to avoid at all costs.
Hence, you should always give serious attention to the renovation and if the current bathroom is not waterproofed properly, you should make efforts to do it at the earliest.
Do not make mistakes
Even though many people are aware of the significance of waterproof bathroom, yet, they end up making a major mistake in the course of the process. Here are some of the crucial mistakes that you should avoid at all costs-
- You might think of renovating and waterproofing the bathroom by yourself. This is a major mistake because it can turn out to be costly on your part.
- Lack of approaching for the project without a plan can turn out to be problematic and hassle in the future.
- Not attempting to call an experienced and reputed renovation contractor in order to save money is also a big mistake. Ultimately, it will cost you more in some way or the other.
- Do not fail to check the bathroom fan. Lack of proper ventilation means increasing amount of moisture, which will get accumulated in the surface, resulting in the formation of mold and mildew.
- Lack of proper sealing from floor to wall and wall to the corner details can result in significant problems in the timber frames.
- Wrong glue used in floor tiles can lead to the lack of proper adhesion of the waterproofing membrane.
- For making a waterproof bathroom, the plumber should not forget to conduct a water pressure test. The pipes should be left under water for 24 hours and carry out a visual inspection to all kinds of leaks.
Taking it seriously
Therefore, if you try to save money now, you might have to bear a huge loss in the course of time. Even if, you think of waterproof bathroom by yourself, do not forget to read the instruction of the manufacturer. This, in turn, will help you to a great extent. It is always wise on your part to talk to experienced renovation professionals who can help you with the entire task.
The correct approach to the bathrooms water tightness not only reduces the risk of damages but also makes the living more comfortable and healthy.