Amongst the various types of gas heaters available in the market, the portable gas heaters are quite popular. All over the world, the demand for gas heaters is increasing because people are looking for ways to remain warm and cozy during the winter season. Despite the fact that the gas heaters and electric heaters have their own applications and benefits, gas heaters can be easily moved across locations is the clear favorite.
Advantages of Portable Gas Heaters:
- A major advantage of the portable heaters is their ability to heat individual rooms if there are not too many occupants in the house. As they are light in weight they also come with power saving capabilities. There are various types and attributes of gas heaters.
- A portable gas heater is environment-friendly when we compare it with the usual heaters. Since they don’t have any vents, they do not pollute the environment every time you turn your heater on.
- A portable heater is small. This is the reason why you can use them in every room of your house. This means that you can easily move the portable gas heaters from one place to another.
- The main advantage of gas heaters over electric storage systems is the control that it gives you. Heat is not required to be stored and discharged which can turn out to be expensive in the long run. Also, there is the issue of wastage that can be completely avoided in the portable systems.
- They are economical. It means that you only heat the room that you are occupying.
- They help in reducing your electricity bills substantially as they can be used to heat up specific areas. As they run on natural gas, there is no harmful residual release. This keeps the air clean and odorless. This reduces wastage and ensures that there is an optimum usage of heat and power.
- Unlike the electric heaters, you can use the portable heaters indoors as well as outdoors unlike electric heaters which have their limitations. You can also take it along with you as you move from room to room or you can even use it outside when you go on excursions.
- When compared with the centralized heating systems they consume less electricity. So, your bills are not exorbitant.
- You can also use them as garage heaters. The portable heater that does not have a vent will keep your car warm in those cold, icy months so that the engine will not freeze. It is very important to keep your vehicle running, especially in the absence of any other transport in the winter months.
- You can get them in many different styles and sizes. Some of them are also designed to deliver optimum heat and they come as the wall mounted and free standing models. There are others which will deliver instant warmth and offers easy mobility, obliterating the need of any electrical outlet or another power source.
- You will also be able to avail of small portable heaters especially ones that do not occupy too much space. But, they also need more frequent refills than their larger counterparts.
- You need to take into consideration the fact that in many places, electricity is about three times the cost of electricity making gas the cheapest fuel today to heat up homes especially when you have to use them for prolonged periods. Home has a steady source of gas supply which can be used to run your heater without having to incur additional costs.
Last but not the least; you must select your portable heater with extreme care because it is a major investment. You should select only the reputed brands that will offer efficiency and durability. Portable gas heaters from reputable manufacturers come with a high-performance burner that ensures optimum output and gives you good value for money.